Ventilation

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Mallory

A classic case in many ways, although she'd die at the thought she's that easy. She thinks she's complex, but I understood her the moment I tried.

Hi, I'm Amy, and I'm a closet psychiatrist. I can't NOT analyze everything that goes on around me, and I especially enjoy analyzing the people in my life. I want to know every person in a way they have never been known before. I want to ask the unexpected question, give the unexpected reply, make a moment out of everything. I think everyone ought to look at themselves and try to understand why they are the way they are. Why would anyone NOT want to understand himself? Even if they don't want to understand, if I meet them I must "know" them, and they are bound to get caught in the cross wind.

Mallory is the classic case of a girl who blossomed late in life. She never had the chance to do something stupid and blame it on being a kid. Everything she has done, she has allowed. And that makes for a hard night's sleep. I don't know how to get her to grips with herself. Probably because I can't get myself to grips with her.

She is an interesting subject who we will spend a lot of time getting to know. Don't worry, her name's not really Mallory. All the names in this blog will be changed by my secret encoding scheme. See if you can crack the code. Maybe it's you I am talking about :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home