Ventilation

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Root Cause Analysis

Everything you do in life has a root cause. Nothing is arbitrary. There are basically three roots that "cause" everything you do. In fact, most people struggle with one in particular for their whole life. The pattern is already there, you just have to realize it.

The root sins are PRIDE, GREED, and LUST.

The root goods are FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE.

And in fact, these should be paired up as PRIDE/FAITH, GREED/HOPE, and LUST/LOVE. Each pair has the root sin and its antithesis.

You will get a War and Peace on this later, I assure you. But I just wanted to introduce you to the theory today so that I can use it right away and you'll have a rough idea what I am talking about.

This is not my theory. I can't remember who told me about it, though. I have looked through all my old journals trying to find the notes I took that Sunday morning, but I can't find anything.

Root cause analysis is really the only tool you need as a closet psychiatrist. You can understand and bear with people so much easier when you realize what's driving them, and even more when you realize why it's driving them.

Every action has a root cause that can be identified. Let the search begin!

2 Comments:

  • And what is Avarice? Chopped Liver?

    By Blogger Jacob, at 2:02 AM  

  • It's a slippery slope, my friend. But at least you have one thing going for you - honesty.

    By Blogger Amy, at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home