Ventilation

Monday, September 12, 2005

Too much of a good thing

I almost never remember my dreams, and I was starting to wonder what I was missing. Based on about 15 minutes of research, I prescribed myself a vitamin B-6 supplement every day and a reminder every night to remember. So far it’s working.

As it turns out, though, I wasn’t really missing anything. Most nights I just reel through a series of meaningless scenes.

I know some dream analysts argue that your dreams can reveal secret fears or desires, so here’s one for you. What does my pouring olive oil on and preparing to eat the front seat of a convertible 1970s looking Cadillac that can also fly and is 700 years old say about me? Analyze away!

The best one was when I dreamed I had woken up and gotten ready for work, only to find out an hour later that I had actually turned off the alarm clock, gone back to sleep, and dreamed the whole thing. I couldn’t believe none of that had actually happened!

Isn’t it weird that our dreams can be so real? Have you ever had a dream about someone and actually experienced something so real that is affected your relationship with them the next day?

Where do dreams fall in the scope if sin? Are we responsible for them?

If we were able to tell ourselves what to dream about, then I suppose we would be responsible. Or if dreams really are indications of the desires of our sinful nature, then we are responsible.

I think I'm probably going to lay off the B-6.

1 Comments:

  • After my father died, I used to have very vivid dreams of me talking to him about various topics. It was so strange to wake up the next morning and realize that none of that occurred.

    By Blogger Tanton, at 3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home